Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cute !

This is our new eat in kitchen space.
(with the leaf in!)
Pretty cute all dressed up
with my mom's tablecloth.

This is the picture ad when I found it.
I would say it is a very unique Retro 1950's Dinette set.

I like it!

(Thanks honey for indulging me!)

It totally makes the kitchen.
We have eaten at it several times and had a family game night too!

:)


Funny story that goes with it.
I was looking on craigslist for an inexpensive or free retro little table and chairs for the kitchen. Many reasons, breakfast and lunch crumbs having a lot to do with it, plus we have the space in the kitchen. I found a table on craigslist at a local resale shop. So we went to look at it, but this resale store was closed, so we looked through the gate door. I saw this little set and liked it, better than the table we came to look at. Two days later we went to check out some retro white vinyl chairs. Which we bought and were headed back to this store to get the first table, because it was cheaper, having no matching chairs. When we got to the store, we looked and sat down at this table and then were talking with the owner. We asked her if she would consider trading us the chairs we had just bought and bringing down the price on the dinette set. She walked out to our van and looked at the chairs and to my surprise she agreed.
Now I have this sweet little set in my kitchen!
... and I may have a new favorite little shop too.
:)
But, how much retro can one house stand?
;)



No comments: