Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Severe Reactions to ... Make that Poison Oak...

My Neck
The back of my upper right arm

These are my arms.

Please note how swollen the right arm is.

I lost my elbow today, totally disappeared.
Put in a missing limbs report.



You can really tell here...
where I have
**HULK HANDS**

"Hulk Hands SMASH!!"

But seriously ...

I went to Urgent care yesterday, the two main red spots you see were hot and red and swollen yesterday. So the UC Doc gave me Sulpha (Bactrim) to begin immediately for the staph skin infection and a script for Prednisone to start Thurday.

Apparently if you start Prednisone when you have a staph infection it can lower your immune system and you might not kick the skin infection.

so...

I took 3 doses of the Sulpha
BEFORE
I saw the lovely rash on my tummy.

YUP. I allergic to Sulpha family drugs.

Seriously?

So,

My regular doc, via phone call,
Tells me to quit the sulpha,
finish the Prednisone.
No probs.
..

We look up Prednisone.

um, nope, not taking that.
.
.

And what about the new more swollen Hulk arm I now own?

sure, it's great to keep the children in line...

but I might scare other people.
.
.

so,
.
.

Back to urgent care tonight...

To get new prescription
for Augmentin.

Let's all pray that works.
Thanks!

:)
.

and those 4 hours we spent waiting at Urgent care.
yeah, not getting them back til the end of time.
;)


We did learn that it is Ground Level Atlantic Poison Oak
Not poison ivy.

big deal.
But I bet I can spot that offender next time.

No comments: