Tuesday, December 22, 2009

mmmm bread ...

I ate terrible today.

really.

I missed breakfast, grabbed a croissant for lunch, ate a rice crispie treat and then another, then skipped dinner, and ate a rice crispie treat and a couple of those fudge covered graham crackers. Somewhere around 8p I sauted fresh spinach in BACON GREASE and topped it with balsamic vinegar - dinner. With a hawaiian roll slathered in apple butter. and then ate another rice crispie treat. I didn't even make those rice crispie treats, I know better!

terrible, really.

AND then I decided that chicken nuggets and tostitos with cheese dip would be great before bed!

Not the healthiest of my eating days.

I'm not on a diet, just a quest to eat HALF what I normally eat, in order to get down to pre-medium weight (in case you are wondering that's 30 pounds away!)

Hardly a "half" day, more like double.

and I did have 2 cups of coffee (it's really half Vanilla Caramel Coffeemate and half coffee) and then water.

Oh, I probably won't post anything on those "good" eating days. Just the ones where I whip out bacon grease for supper.

That, by the way, is my recipe for a quick Wilted Lettuce salad, minus the onion and bacon.

2 comments:

Don and Dawn said...

Can I come over for the bacon grease dinner? pluu-e-e-e-z-e?

Paige said...

Jah. Though it's easy to duplicate.

Take 1 bag fresh (pre-washed) spinach. Take 1 skillet and put in 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Heat on medium until melty, add the spinach and push it around in the pan until it wilts. Put in a bowl, add some balsamic vinegar and mmmm. If you happened to have to fry bacon to get the grease, crumble it in. I simply grabbed some grease from one of my coffee cans full. :)